Wednesday, April 13, 2011

ODD FUTURE

Odd Future. Ok.. where the heck do I start? There has been alot of talk recently about odd future and I decided that I need to get into the loop. The experience i've had searching for their music has been challenging, scatterbrained, and tenaciously difficult. I've come over an interesting mix of mixtapes, random freestyle videos and the like..and I don't think they have any 'official' music videos as of yet. But needless to say I wasn't impressed in the beginning, but once I found thier blog.. WOW. It's just as dilapdated as the search for them but at least you can see thier stuff.. lol. I really do think these guys emanate culture.. They EXPRESS themselves to the fullest extent! Ah it's really hard to pin them down.. You'll just have to see for yourself. If I could describe their music in one word, I would say it's 'amazing'. I would also say that It's easy for me(and maybe alot of people) to see eye to eye with them.

Odd future is a group of kids from Los Angeles that hang out, skateboard, and pretty much live and have lived as reckless teenagers. Esquire magazine described them as "the most belligerent, psychotic, damaged, and mischievous teenagers you've never wanted to meet" and their music involves themes that would be percieved as 'higly rebellious' to say the least. Thier music is described as: "obscure".. and They recently became famous after they appeared on jimmy fallon in february.. After reading up on them I decided I like some of their ideas on 'greatness' etc. This video is very interesting.. It has some music clips on the interview as well.

Enjoy!

-Brandon


Their music:



Dee Goodz - Last Laugh (Odd Future Shit) by hermshock

No comments:

Post a Comment