Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A few thoughts..

Introduction

I've been hearing alot recently about appearances are bad - how we shouldn't be fashionable and how appearances are nothing. Also about how big success is somehow "impossible", and that it's being "realistic" to aim low. This bothers me greatly.

The first thing I want to say is that I want EVERYONE to take advantage of everything you have available to achieve what you can in life. If you're better at something than me, by all means PLEASE do it. This world would be a whole lot better if everyone was creative and thought outside the box.

Outward Appearance

But really the first qualm I have is very small. It has to do with peoples issues with outer appearance. It matters! It is probably the most important thing you have in life-- and the quality of your life depends on it. From the time you come out of the womb, you are given a name that means NOTHING. You are pre-determined, pre-destined for whatever that name supposedly means, and there's science to back it up. If your name is "Billy" or "Shaniqua", or "Tyrone", its probably pretty certain that your life is predestined for you. In a way, its a "fashion".. Isn't it? I ended up writing more than expected.

Success

I have thought about it a lot and have come up with some answers, and my own personal map to success--which will ultimately evolve over time.

#1. Success starts with a positive outlook. If you WANT to do something, then just DO it! This is what I was saying before. If people just had this attitude, the world would be filled with celebrities or just plain great talent. It wouldn't be so 'obsolete' and obscure if a person became great at what they do. Think about it. There must be some explanation for why everybody's so cranky all the time.

       (if you're having trouble staying positive, just remember that positive and negative are JUST math. Have you ever tried to go on a diet, or exercise regularly.. but then talk yourself out of it? Yeah, that's being negative. You are reinforcing your own bad behavior. Your friends can talk you out of this too, and I'm about to cover that.

#2. GET RID OF ALL THE NEGATIVE PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE. Or try to change them if you can. If you fail.. Flush them down the toilet. I have done this NUMEROUS times in the past few years, and it will continue to happen.

Roadmap to success

I may sound like I'm contradicting what I said earlier, but it is actually REALISTIC to say that you can't attain certain things in life. Here's a few things you can't have: You can't be a millionaire. You can't be a movie star or celebrity. You can't be a famous musician. These are all run-of-the-mill things, but you get my drift. It's soooo true. You can't have them. Nobody can give them to you. But there's a secret.

All these things that I've mentioned aren't available right away.. Unless you are really really lucky.  It's true! You can't have them! You can't be them! But this is speaking in present tense. What you can do is work on the small details. Can't be a millionaire today? Well.. where can I start? It's all BABY STEPS! We are all so meant to evolve and grow. It's in our nature. We were not meant to sit around all fat and lazy and worthless. It's a waste of skin! One step here.. one step there. Write it out. Blog it. Put it on your wall. Sharpie it on your bed sheets. Make the steps smaller than ever. At that point I believe.. You can start being successful. It's real easy to talk yourself out of the big stuff(or have other try to discourage you).. but what about the small things?

Remember! Nobody else wants success for you, except your mom! Nobody wants success for you because they think they can't have it! They're dead wrong.

I like this topic and may blog more about it later. I am in no way done talking about this. I'm off for 7 days soon and Austin Bound! Woohoo!

By the way I promise to make TWO blog entries of bands I haven't heard of and go see them at SXSW. I better get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment