Saturday, March 26, 2011

TWIN SHADOW


They have been my favorite musical act ever since they came out. This music is truly whatever you want it to be. It will open up your doors of imagination and It's effortlessly cool. In their freshman album, self titled: Twin Shadow, they explore the murky depths of memories and times past. If you listen to it, you'll find that is subtly deep and reflected.. rhythmed by lo-fi guitar vibrations and synth pop beats. It's fun, groovy, puts you in a party mood.. all this and more ahh it just jams! I think one of the reasons why I could enjoy this so much was because it reminded me of memory tapes that I had gotten into early of 2010. Literally every song is good on this album and I wouldn't be surprised that they gained 'major indie' status later on. I want you to be a fan! It was hard to decide which song to start with first, so I'll post the one I started with:



  

Obviously he has great style. Music and style of expression go hand in hand. Another one of my favorites  is "When we're dancing".. It just has this jammin' rhythm that makes you wanna dance. In an interview, George Lewis (lead singer, born in the dominican republic) talked about what happens when you remember times in the past. If you think about it.. memories take their twists and turns in the murky chasms of your mind, where they were once clear while  they were happening.. begin to change form and they don't seem exactly like they were alot of times.. Memories can be distorted by our waves of emotion, and be less clear when we are to recap on what happened. This makes memories beautiful.. and they glamorize over time. If you are a dreamer like I am you can image how memories seem so vividly amazing.. you just crave the feelings you felt back then.. or times past. Twin shadow's style reflects the contemporary lo-fi of course but also has a deeper, more subtle meaning that they want to convey. You can hear the soft beats distort, glow, and reverberate...listen on.





Twin Shadow: Forget^^

No comments:

Post a Comment